Monday, April 9, 2012

day 9


Hey Good Looking...Whatcha got cooking....

Last week my in-laws were in town.  My husband has 3 siblings, the youngest 2 are adopted and one of the greatest gifts to join the family.  They are now 16 and 12 and full of excitement.  Whenever they come into town they stay with us and there is never a dull moment.  We love when they come because they live in the Atlanta area and don't get to see them often but there is a down side. 
The down side is the food.  We eat out 3 meals a day every day they are here and that was horrible for my eating plan.  I did the best I could with my choices while eating out.  It actually wasn't too difficult to find low carb options and I think I did fairly well.  The problem came into play when everyone else around me was ordering all of the yummy goodness I couldn't eat.  I finally gave in and "gave up" the eating the last day they were here. I didn't lose any weight this past week and probably gained 1 pound back.

This week I'm back on track and getting ready to start cooking dinner.  Tonight I'm making a Hungry Girl recipe that is a favorite in our house.  Healthy Chicken cordon blue.

Basically you take chicken breast and pound it so it is thin.  I take a wedge of laughing cow cheese and cut it into a few pieces (usually I use 1 wedge for 2-3 chicken breasts)  I add one slice of low sodium ham lunch meat and roll the chicken up.  Secure the chicken with a toothpick. You will want to bake these in a dish covered with foil for about 20 minutes at 350.  Then take the foil off and bake for another 20 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked all the way through.  Tonight I will be serving this with a side of grilled green beans. 

What's for dinner at your house?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds amazing! I love Hungry Girl!

I have dieted once and it was tough. I fell off the bandwagon a couple times, but you have to keep your mind on the end goal and decide whether that ice cream or fried chicken or whatever is really worth it. I can imagine it's hard having people around you who are not on the same path health wise, but you have to take charge for YOU! Keep it up. xo

Post a Comment