Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 20


I love my Skillet!!!  If I can make dinner in one pot I will.  I love casseroles because it all goes together but most casseroles are unhealthy.  Here are my top skillet and casserole recipes:

Taco Bake Casserole
This was my grandma's recipe that she made for my dad when he was younger. However the way she made it was REALLY bad for you.

Brown ground beef or turkey in a pan and season with a taco seasoning packet or add your own taco seasoning blend.  Meanwhile in a baking pan line with crescent roll dough.  Place baking pan in the oven for about 5 minutes before adding the meat.  Layer the meat on top of the dough.  Top the the ground meat with low fat cheddar cheese and crunched up Doritos.  I basically use the amount of Doritos in a single serve bag like from subway. Put back in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is just starting to bubble and brown.  Serves 6-8.

Italian Skillet
Brown ground beef or turkey in your skillet.  Add green beans, corn and mushrooms and season with Italian seasonings.  once the meat is browned add a can of tomato sauce.  Serve over brown rice.  Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment