Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 5

Part of the life change I am working on this month isn't just emotional and spiritual change but physical change as well.  For 2 years my Husband and I have not planned trips, outings, events, etc. because I could possibly be pregnant and that would keep me from being able to do certain activities. 

I have been overweight my entire life.  I have been dieting almost my entire life.  There were times in my life where I felt like the "token fat girl."  I hate feeling like the biggest girl in the room.  I hate feeling like people judge me by the way I look.  Whether it is true or not, I feel like people look at me and think, "Wow that girl must eat at McDonalds everyday." 

I am a healthy eater.  I don't cook with butter or oil.  I bake, grill or steam everything.  I do occasionally give in to my weakness of french fries or sweets but am conscious of not doing it more than once or twice in a week. 

My mom had great success with the South beach diet by loosing about 100 pounds in a year.  I have previously done Atkins and lost about 40 pounds.  My husband and I started South beach because it seems like a great life style change and something that would be easy for us to keep up with. 

We finished the first week this past Saturday and I lost 5.6 pounds.  I was super excited and super motivated and it was exactly what I am needing.  I have set a goal to loose 20 pounds by the time we go on vacation June 1.

Stay tuned as I share my new workout plan I'm experimenting with and some new recipes.  I have a feeling some of these recipes will fail but I will share the good, the bad and the ugly!

No comments:

Post a Comment