Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 19


The Shrek Smoothie!!!!  A friend of mine a few months ago introduced me to the Shrek Smoothie.  I thought she was crazy because no way could this be good....Boy was I wrong!  There are probably 100 variations of making the Shrek smoothie but this is how I like to make mine.

In a Blender throw in about a hand full of bagged baby spinach,  (don't use frozen) 4 baby carrots, 4 apple slices and water or milk.  The variations I add are any combo of bananas, blueberries, pineapple, mango, yogurt, milk, protein powder, peanut butter.  Sometimes I will do a splash of vanilla extract if i use extra spinach.  I also will add a packet of Stevia or a squeeze of honey.  Be aware that when you start mixing fruit colors your smoothie will turn more brown than green.  This freaked my husband out a little bit. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment