Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What if....

My husband has wonderful parents with a lot of love to give.  After both of their biological children were grown they decided to become foster parents.  After having a child in their home for a long time and were moving toward adoption the birth mother came back into the picture and ended up taking the child back.  This was extremely heartbreaking for all of them.  Some time later that received news of two children that needed home.  5 years ago this brother and sister were adopted into their family and if I could speak for my husband he would say that they are probably more of a blessing to him and his family than his family is to them.

So I want to talk about 11 year old Rob.  Rob has a very creative mind and has lots to share and ask.  He loves to learn and read and then share with us what he has learned.  We like to call a lot of what Rob says, "Robisms" because sometimes you just can't help but laugh.  I spent the last week with Rob and if I had to sum up my time with him it would be, "What if...?"  Rob has a lot of "what if" questions.  What if there was a tornado, what if we had special powers, what if we were fish, what if... 

This made me think about being a child again, a child that is pure at heart and in awe of the wonderment of the world.  It then brought me to a song I loved when I was in high school by Jars of Clay called "Faith like a Child." 

What if we as adults could go back to the place where our faith in God was not clowded but what the world tells us and faith could be as pure as a child's?  What if we could play and be a child again?  What if the faith of a child in our lives, revealed to us that our own faith needs work?  What if......

No comments:

Post a Comment