Saturday, January 29, 2011

What are you thankful for?

Sometimes when life gets so hectic, things aren't going our way, or you think it just can't get any worse, we have a hard time remembering we still have things to be thankful for.  I have really had a hard time finding things to be thankful for because I just don't feel like life for me is very fair right now.  I understand that life will never be fair, but there are days when it just doesn't seem like anything good will ever happen to us.  So rather than listing all of the things that are just not fair, we lost a baby, both of us are working 2 and 3 jobs not for extra money but just to keep a roof over our heads, Matt can't get even get an interview for a full time job etc., I want to try to focus on the things that I can be thankful for.  By changing the way I look at life and think about things in my life, my hope is that it will become easier to find the good in everything again.

1) I am thankful for my job.  I love what I do.  I love the youth and their families.  I love watch them grow in their faith and asking questions. 
2) I am thankful that Matt has a job.  The fact that we live in the highest unemployment city in the state, it is a miracle that he has a job
3) I am thankful that our cars are still running.
4) I am thankful for Blossom because she has helped us get through some really hard times
5) I'm thankful for living so close to the water because it reminds me of how amazing God is.
6) I'm thankful for living in Florida because cold weather is just not for me.  I might complain about how hot it gets but I will take that over being freezing any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment