Friday, January 7, 2011

I did it!

My first Disney race was a success. We got up at 3:00am to catch a bus at 4:00. Once down in the lobby we were starting to get concerned that we were the only ones waiting for the buses. After checking with the front desk found out conflicting news on whether or not buse were actually running to our hotel. We just decided to get the car and drive ourselves. It was in the mid 40's so it was very chilly. After standing around...or dancing as I was doing to keep warm it was now time to get into the chute. The people watching was fantastic at this event due to the costumes and interesting people. Santa was running the race (picture to follow). For the first 1/2 mile it was hard to even run because there we so many people. Once it started to thin out it was easier to find your "happy pace". I loved running through all of the countries and getting to watch the sun rise. As I hit mile 3 I came around the corner and saw Matt and his dad in the stands. After crossing the finish line they gave you the medal, water,snacks and then you hit the traffic jam. If you didn't want your picture taken you got stuck in this big crowd that was not my idea of fun after running for 3 miles. I was finally able to break free and find the rest of my family.

All in all it was fun. I finished 30 seconds slower than my last race because of the crowd so I'm sure I would have beat my personal best. Tomorrow is the 1/2 that Matt is running in and we have to be up by 1:30am. I have lots of pictures to share when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment