Friday, December 17, 2010

Running

For our anniversary present Matt and I decided to buy a treadmill.  Matt has been running since January but I still don't understand the joy of running.  All of the Hitchcock's are going to be running in one of the Disney races in January.  I started to do the couch to 5K plan about 12 weeks ago.  I ran my first 5k on December 10th and ran my fastest time of 45:00.  I was able to cut 3:20 from my 5k time and was shocked when I saw the time.  I still struggle with finding the "zone" and think "how is this fun", but I'm still doing it so I guess that is a plus.  Matt works at a running store so that has helped with getting the right shoes.  The down side is that we both of the desire for new shoes too frequently. So it is back to training I go as the race is 3 weeks from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment